Fabrics – Description
TheVFX Fabric Range are colour matched materials including VFX Screen Fabric, VFX Lycra , and other specialist materials.
- VFX Fabrics are designed to provide a coherent strategy for creating the required environment for shooting visual effects .
- The VFX Fabrics consist of colour matched materials based on the seven VFX Paint colours which are considered to be the most significant colours for keying, originating on Film, Video, DV and HD formats.
VFX Screen Fabric
- The fabric is made from specially dyed and brushed synthetic loop nylon fibre. This ensures an even and consistent colour density. It is then laminated on the reverse with a foam and nylon scrim layer to strengthen, stabilise and reinforce the fabric. The finished fabric is 135cm (53″ ) wide and is easily fabricated to the size and specification required.
- Anti glare surface
- Fire retardant and compliant to BS5867 Part 2 1980 – Curtains and Drapes
- The flexible, almost elasticine quality of this product allows a wrinkle resistant surface.
- The loop nylon surface of the material is velcro compatable and as such allows the VFX Screens to be joined together with a suitable cover strip to create larger areas, the surface is also ideal for quick and easy attachment of markers and tracking targets
- If creases develop as a result of storage over a lengthly period, simply hang the cloth and steam using a wallpaper steamer, being careful to follow the manufacturers instructions for steaming curtains and drapes.
- Available by liner metre width 135cm or complete 50m rolls.
- Colours available: Deep Optic Blue, Optic Blue, Digi Blue, Deep Optic Green, Optic Green, Optic Red and Optic Yellow.
- Anti glare surface
- Lightweight elasticine lycra, perfect for making VFX Body Suits.
- Available by the linear metre 150cm wide or complete 100m rolls
- Colours available: Deep Optic Blue and Optic Green
VFX Screen Fabric – now available as a single cloth i.e. unlaminated
VFX Screen Fabric – single cloth with self adhesive backing